When will KSDK support be available for the MK22FX512VLL12?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will KSDK support be available for the MK22FX512VLL12?

christophertsch
Contributor III

I am starting a new development using this MCU and have found that KSDK support is not available. Will it be available soon?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
6 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christopher:

From the information I have the support for MK22FX512VLL12 may come in the next release 1.1 in December. However I am not in the development team and this is not official.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

christophertsch
Contributor III

Hola Jorge. Thanks for the quick response. Is there somewhere on the website where official information on Release 1.1 is available?

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hola christopher:

I am afraid no, I do not know of any place to check this in advance. Usually only the release notes mention the supported platforms. In case I get more information I will let you know.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

christophertsch
Contributor III

Hola Jorge,

I just found a document KSDK110RN describing the KSDK release V1.1.0 and it does NOT include the MK22FX512. Is there another KSDK release coming soon or should I give up on ever having SDK support for the board we chose?

Felices fiestas!

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christopher:

There is now a standalone version of KSDK for TWR-K21F120M. It is available in the "Downloads" tab from the product page:

Kinetis K21 120 MHz Tower System Module|Freescale

This tower board has a K21FN1M0, which is almost the same as K22FX512, except for the memory sizes and FlexMemory.

Saludos :smileyhappy:!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christopher:

You are right, I apologize for this. This support did not make it to the release due to time constraints. But it is still in the plans, now for the next release KSDK v1.2 estimated for April 2015.

By the way, you mentioned "...for the board we chose". What board are you referring to? The closest board for K22FX512 is TWR-K21F120M. I hope you are not confusing K22FX512 with K22FN512, check this. I say this because K22FN512 is already in KSDK.

Happy Holidays for you too! / Felices fiestas para tí también! :smileyhappy:

Jorge Gonzalez