cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting a graph from arrays in memory

peterkrause
Contributor I

Hello.

I do some signal processing and I'm looking for a possiblilty to plot an array that is in the RAM of my microcontroller. It ist very useful to check results fast, e.g. a captured signal by ADC, the magnitude of an FFT or the output of a filter. I kow the plotting option from other IDEs (ADI CrossCore Embedded Studio, TI Code Composer Studio) and used it very often.

In CW there is an option called "Data visualisation" when I'm in debug mode. But the option is not available to use.

Is there any possibillty to plot a graph in CW?

Setup:

- CW 10.6

- Kinetis K10

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you can use it without Processor Expert, although in my experience it is easer with it, than without it.

If you download the software, it has additional documentation which hopefully guide you to get where you want to be.

KDS does not come with a dedicated plotting tool, but you could add/install any tool you like (as long it is for Eclipse, and if it works with CDT/GDB).

Erich

0 Kudos

peterkrause
Contributor I

OK, thanks for your answers. I will try out FreeMaster the next days.

As a quick and dirty method I tried to copy an array so I can view it with a csv-viewer etc. But I didn't find a way to export a large array.

Maybe there is an option to export an array as csv or whatever?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

you can import/export memory, see http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/05/04/dump-my-device-memory/

If you are using FreeRTOS, you can plot nice graphs like shown in Tracing with FreeRTOS+Trace from Percepio | MCU on Eclipse

Erich

0 Kudos

peterkrause
Contributor I

Very good. Now I can export something.

The plots in connection with FreeRTOS look nice. Maybe that's something to test for the future.

By the way, your homepage is very useful. I got a lot of information from it the last days. Excellent work. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

peterkrause
Contributor I

That's a good workaround, but it looks a little bit complicated (at the beginning). I have no experience with processor expert. Is it possible to integrate FreeMaster without processor expert? Or is to difficult and time comsuming?

I don't understand why Freescale didn't intergrate an option for plotting. I think that is a very important feature.

Do you know if the new Kinetis design studio has a plotting tool?

0 Kudos