AnsweredAssumed Answered

56f8367 chip using USB ONCE to debug, in some places when I place a break point, I will see (AsmSection)() 0x00xxxx (xxx is some address).  How can I stop this from happening?

Question asked by Charles Barnes on Oct 28, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 by Charles Barnes

I've moved over to a new Eclipse version of CodeWarrior and, I have to say, it has given me a ton of headaches.  Things that worked perfectly fine in the classic version now break all the time in this new version.

My current problem is that I need to view the value of some variables in a certain function.  If I put a break point in the function and try to step through (or at the end of the function), my stack will often be pointing to (AsmSection)() 0x(some address). . .and if you click on that, the source window will say "No source available for (AsmSection)()"

If I continually step through it, eventually I will pop out somewhere back into the code, but it will be far away from what I wanted to view.  It will often jump out to the AsmSection after an addition!  It's really frustrating not being able to see what I need to see and having to constantly fight with the IDE.

Is there any way to fix this?

Outcomes