cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find Cpu.h

ise1
Contributor III

Hello !

I have just created my first empty project on Kinetis Design Studio for my KL25Z device. But I cannot succeed to build it because Cpu.h is not found. In fact, my project is empty and this header file is really in Generated_code file. I see it !

I have selected : New Kinetis Design Studio Project -> Use Processor Expert for configuration and Project Mode: Linked. And nothing more ! After build this, an error because of including Cpu.h (in Events.c)

How could I solve that ?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sebastien:

What KDS version do you have?

I just created a project in KDS v1.1.1 for KL25Z128 using PEx and the build is successful. You can find this empty project attached.

If not using this version of KDS, please download it from www.freescale.com/kds.

Otherwise you can attach your project to help you find the error.

PS. Always post to specific community spaces (in this case Kinetis Design Studio). If you do not do this then your questions get lost and you get no answers.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ise1
Contributor III

One last thing I can tell: I have unzip your project you included in your previous message JorgeGonzalez and put it in workspace.kds directory. but after the build, I have the same error: Cpu.h no such file or directory ...
Thank you in advance

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sebastien:

I tried your project and it compiled without errors. Obviously this is something specific to your system.

Some hints off the top of my head:

- If you have antivirus or firewalls, try disabling them momentarily.

- Run KDS in a Windows session with administrator privileges. Also make sure you have full permissions in the workspace folder.

And as the last option a complete uninstall / reinstall of KDS, or if you have access to a different computer try with that one.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

ise1
Contributor III

Hello Jorge !

Thank you for your advices but ...
I have tried to desable my firewall and my antivirus but nothing change. I completely uninstall & reinstall KDS but the error is still the same, even with administrator privileges.
A friend has also install KDS and build an empty project and he has the same error I have ...
Have you changed some parameters or selected an option or even installed something more than KDS v1.1.1 ?

Best Regards ! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

ise1
Contributor III

Fixed ! I have recreate a new admin session on my computer and now Kinetis works fine !
Seems like a problem due to one driver ...

0 Kudos

ise1
Contributor III

Hi !

I'm desperate. I have made the KDS update and my empty project still crash an error because of "Cpu.h".
Here all the steps I've made:

- downloading the KDS software for my Windows 7 computer on the official freescale website (KDS-v1.1.1) : Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

- extract and install the KDS IDE

- Go to "File" -> "New" -> "Kinetis Design Studio Project" -> Project Name: new -> Processor to be used "MKL25Z128xxx4". I have select "Processor Expert" and "Use current perspective" and Linked Mode are also selected.

- Then on Project Explorer, right click on my "new" project and select Build Project.

- But crash with "fatal error: Cpu.h: No such file or directory. The Events.c doesn't recognize the header file #include "Cpu.h" even if it is in Generated_Code !

- it's strange because main.c automatically include this same header file but this header is recognized in the main function (no error at this point).
Why Events.c doesn't recognize this header ? ( I have also try to clean the project and build it but it is still the same thing. crash again and again.

I also include my project. Hope someone will be able to help me :smileywink:

0 Kudos

ise1
Contributor III

Thank you for responding me :smileywink:
But my project still crashed after build it. My version is the same that you required, which mean V1.1.1.
I notice that I haven't made any updates after downloading KDS. So I will try to update my software and will come back to tell if my problem is resolved or not.

There are a lot of updates and patches, so it will take few minutes (or hours at least :smileysilly: ).
My empty project is the exact same that you made and attached in your previous message ...

0 Kudos