FRDM-KL03Z "fsl_debug_console" or "fsl_lpuart" are not working when configured with Procesor Expert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL03Z "fsl_debug_console" or "fsl_lpuart" are not working when configured with Procesor Expert

ioancalapod
Contributor II

Hi All

I am trying to get acquainted with this fairly new Freedom board, the FRDM-KL03Z.

I am using KDS 1.1.1 and Processor Expert within. I installed the KDSK 1.0.0 and then the KSDK 1.0.0-KL03Z.

There is no way to get the "fsl_debug_console" or "fsl_lpuart" to work with Tera Term or ucon or any terminal software. Pins are configured according to the schematic. Trying a simple printf that worked every time with different other Freedom boards.

The board is OK because it does work (the UART) when I used the pre-compiled examples (*.srec files from the Quick Start Package)

It looks like a PEx bug.

Did anybody run into this?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best Regards, Ioan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ioan,

Attached you can find an example of UART using KSDK and PEx. As a workaround, I had to modify the System Options Register 2 (SIM_SOPT2) selecting the MCGIRCLK as the clock source for the LPUART0.

I will continue investigating why is the clock disabled even if the clock settings are configured correctly.

Regards!

Carlos

0 Kudos

armaram
Contributor III

Hello Carlos,

I tried your code on my board but I sit see garbage data on my terminal. I am using the KL03 with PEmicro multilink fx cable.

I do not have OpenSDA, it is a custom implementation. I am directly connecting LPUART0 RX, TX lines to a USB to serial converter and then to a laptop. Using Tera term as the terminal console. I tried various baud rates with no luck.

Would you know why?

Thanks in advance,

Arvind

0 Kudos