cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Master receive block not sending clock

adriangeiger
Contributor II

Hi All

I'm trying to use SynchroMaster Component on SPI0 with my KL25Z128VLK4 custom board. CW IDE is 10.3. I have tested several configuration and found out, that the recvblock() method obviously does not trigger the clock signal; because when i use sendblock() it does. Thus, my SPI Slave peripheral (MAX31855) won't deliver any data. If I clock it manually, it works fine, though! The MAX31855 is a very simple read only SPI slave. However, I would still like to use the component, for the initialisation and data processing ease's sake. Has anyone got a clue, what I'm missing?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Adrian

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Adrian:

As I recall the receive functions only set the receive buffers. In your case you have to call the SendBlock() function with a "dummy" block of the same size as the one you want to receive. Sending this block with dummy data will generate the clock so the Master SPI can receive the "relevant" data from the slave.

I hope this helps.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos