FRDM-K64F with nRF24L01 module - IRQ problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F with nRF24L01 module - IRQ problem

piotrek
Contributor III

Using KDS 1.1.1 I have created a project for FRDM-K64F board with PE selected but no SDK.

To start I've added two components: SynchroMaster and ExtInt.

nRF24L01 module's IRQ is connected to PTC18 pin but selecting PTC18 for ExtInt component conflicts with "ENET 1588 timer 2"

How do I solve this problem?

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello piotrek:

You may want to check the next excellent tutorial by colleague Erich Styger about this combination (FRDM-K64F + nRF24L01):

Tutorial: Nordic Semiconductor nRF24L01+ with the Freescale FRDM-K64F Board | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

piotrek
Contributor III

Hello Jorge,

I tried Erich's tutorial. I had the same problem with pin PTC18 and additional conflict with pin PTD4. There is a lot of stuff included with Erich's project so I decided to try something simpler and possible easier to investigate.

Piotr

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Piotr,

I'm not sure what your problem is. I have ported that Eclipse Kepler project to KDS, and I did not see any problem.

The project is on GitHub (mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/FRDM-K64F120M/FRDM-K64F_nRF24 at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHu...) and attached.

It is the same as described here: Tutorial: Nordic Semiconductor nRF24L01+ with the Freescale FRDM-K64F Board | MCU on Eclipse

Erich

0 Kudos

piotrek
Contributor III

Hello Erich,

If you compare ENET in PinSettings component from the GitHub project with what you get following your tutorial in KDS 1.1.1 for FRMD K64F board you will see quite a difference. In GitHub project all pins (except EXTAL0) are No pin routed. In the newly created project all ENET's pins have signals assigned (and one of them is PTC18).

I can the fix the problem with PTC18 pin in my minimal project (and the tutorial) by changing ENET 1588 timer 2 to No pin routed. I'm not quite sure what possible problems this might create if later on I would like to use ENET module in my project?

In my minimal project I do not have a problem with pin PTD4 but I'm sure you would see it if you followed your tutorial in KDS 1.1.1 (it seems to be related to LLWU channel 14).

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos