AnsweredAssumed Answered

USBDM on FRDM, target forces reset?

Question asked by JOHN ADAMSON on Oct 25, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 by JOHN ADAMSON

I'm trying to use the FRDM-KL25Z with USBDM to program a K60 target.   (Under both Linux and a Virtual Machine running XP, but let's stick with Linux for now, XP has similar problems)

I've successfully installed the software and drivers and was able to program the loop program into the KL25, and removed the J11 jumper.

However, if I connect it to my target, the FRDM-KL25Z goes into reset and comes out with the 1 sec blink and is back to enumerating as a mass storage device.

I've tried powering the target independently (before and after plugging in the FRDM board) and NOT powering the target independently, but get the same results.

I've previously programmed the target successfully using a PEMicro Multilink.  (Although not under Linux and not even on this PC).

I'm thinking the problem has to do with the reset module built onto the target board.  The one I'm using at the moment is open drain, but it has a 'debounce' detect built-in.  That is, if it detects reset going low externally, it will also pull reset low and keep it there for 150ms  (ADM1818 from Analog Devices).   I'll try replacing it when I'm in reach of a soldering iron, but is there also a software method that would keep the FRDM board from going into it's alternate mode on power up based on the state of the target's reset pin?

I'm guessing that I can't just disconnect reset between the FRDM and the target, that the USBDM needs this to put the target in BDM mode.  

John

Outcomes