AnsweredAssumed Answered

no generated PEx files

Question asked by Oleg Lavrukhin on Oct 24, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 by Vojtech Filip

Hello, community! at now i studying Processor Expert, i think it's very convient development tool! but i have some question about use Processor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio with KSDK.

I make a new project for FRDM-K64F: at first, i select a "board -> Kinetis ->FRDM-K64F", then i select "Kinetis SDK" and "Processor Expert" in "Rapid Application Development" tab, because i want to use KSDK librarys and PEx "component selector" together. When  i generated PEx code, and try to added some component (I2C and very interesting component "ExternalFile") and make some troubles:

1) component "fsl_I2C":

i found example code for I2C in KDSK "demos" folder and create my own project based on this example. After  i added "fsl_I2C" and make a setting, i write simply code for read registers from built-in accelerometer, but program don't work.  I found the missing file "fsl_i2c_irq.c" in my project, but that was present in Demo project. after i copy this file to my project, program start working. of course, I2c need IRQ!

MY QUESTION:  why when generating code for the component (fsl_I2C), code for additional components that are required for it to work NOT generated?

2) component "ExternalFile":

after build i have errors: unknown type name 'dword', "byte", i.e. this component need a definition from "PE_Types.h". i added this file to project (in "source" folder and in EFil1.h (#include PE_Types.h) . now project building is OK.

MY QUESTION:  why when generating code for the component (ExternalFile), code for additional components that are required for it to work NOT generated?

Thanks,

Oleg

Outcomes