cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Lite systick

Jump to solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I am using a KE06 with an external 48 MHz oscillator.  There is presently a bug in Processor Expert that makes it non-functional when configuring for the FBELP oscillator mode, so I have disabled the code it generates and wrote my own.  I know the core clock is running at 48 MHz because the CAN and other modules are running at the correct frequency.  However, I have discovered that although MQX Lite is configured for a 5 millisecond systick, it is actually running at 10 milliseconds.  I looked at where it initializes the systick clock, and the counter value does correspond to a 48 MHz clock, but is it possible it's physically connected to the 24 MHz bus clock?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Never mind, I found it.  The ICS_C2 defaulted to divide by 2, so the core clock was actually 24 MHz.  The CAN worked because it was using the external clock, not the ICS output.  I found that the Systick is using the core clock, not the bus clock.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Never mind, I found it.  The ICS_C2 defaulted to divide by 2, so the core clock was actually 24 MHz.  The CAN worked because it was using the external clock, not the ICS output.  I found that the Systick is using the core clock, not the bus clock.

0 Kudos