How to make Debug Configurations available to Team, in CW 10.4 PA?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Debug Configurations available to Team, in CW 10.4 PA?

Jump to solution
aloishahn
Contributor III

Hi,

this is a very basic question about how to share project data within the team.

Usually we share project file (including source file, .project, .cprpoject, ..) within the team using a version control system like GIT, SVN, etc.

Now I  would like to share the debug setup as well.

The debug setup includes Launch/Debug Configurations and Target configurations.

For the debug configurations I tried export->lauch configurations and import->launch configurations respectively.

This seems to be fine, just the target configurations are missing ?

Do you have a recommended procedure about what files should be checked into the version control ?

regards

Alois

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Find the new connections and target configurations also in workspace:

workspace_PA_10_4\P1020RDB-PD-2-CoreIndex1-core01\Referenced Systems\MyNewConnection.rse

workspace_PA_10_4\P1020RDB-PD-2-CoreIndex1-core01\Referenced Systems\MyNewTarget.rse

The original ones are also in the same place, for your case the connection is Hello_World2-core00_RAM_T2080_Download.rse and target is Hello_World2-core00_RAM_T2080_Download_Target.rse

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alois,

Go to project location and check for Debug_Settings folder. In this folder are saved the launch/debug/target configurations.

Adrian

aloishahn
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

yes, I find Debug_Settings with files named *.launch.

I made a trial, with a new bareboard project named "Hello_World2" using the new project wizard.

In this case a Debug_Settings folder with a proper .launch file is created.

When I make a second Debug Configuration using the duplicate option (in run->debug configurations), the second Debug Configuration is stored in the same Debug_Settings folder.

Up to now this works as expected.

Now I create a new debug configuration, named 'Hello_World2-MyNewConfig'.

This one is stored in another place, apparently in the .metadata folder. See below.

freescale@freescale-sdk:~/workspace-tmp2$ find -name '*.launch'

./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches/Hello_World2-MyNewConfig.launch

./Hello_World2-core00/Debug_Settings/Hello_World2-core00_RAM_T2080_Download (1).launch

./Hello_World2-core00/Debug_Settings/Hello_World2-core00_RAM_T2080_Download.launch

freescale@freescale-sdk:~/workspace-tmp2$

So far this would not matter, I could just take the .launch from another place.

Still I am not sure about where new connections and target configurations are stored. In the same .launch file or on a separate place?

Alois

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Find the new connections and target configurations also in workspace:

workspace_PA_10_4\P1020RDB-PD-2-CoreIndex1-core01\Referenced Systems\MyNewConnection.rse

workspace_PA_10_4\P1020RDB-PD-2-CoreIndex1-core01\Referenced Systems\MyNewTarget.rse

The original ones are also in the same place, for your case the connection is Hello_World2-core00_RAM_T2080_Download.rse and target is Hello_World2-core00_RAM_T2080_Download_Target.rse

0 Kudos
aloishahn
Contributor III

Hi,

so target configurations and connection are saved to "Reference Systems" as *.rse.xml files.

And launch configurations are placed at "Debug_Settings" as *.launch

With this setup the shared project is fine now.

Just one observation about where the launch configurations are stored.

Seems that they are not stored in "Debug_Settings" in all cases.

When I create a new connection (instead duplicating one) the .launch is not stored in the project space, instead it is stored in the workspace.

I have attached a testcase, with more details in 'lauchtest-README.txt'

Btw, the windows version behaves the same.

regards

Alois

0 Kudos
aloishahn
Contributor III

add-on:

The store location for the Debug Configurations is set in the Common Tab.

use Save as -> Shared file to save the *.rse.xml file into the project folder, e.g. <project_name>/Debug_settings

Debug_Confugurations_Shared_Folder.png

0 Kudos