cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1010/14 single bit ECC NAND

Jump to solution
renaud
Contributor IV

We are using a P1014 with a SLC NAND using 1-bit ECC. Hence, we do not use the hardware ECC support.

The Linux (v 3.14.0) driver  uses the random input command which is not supported in

the FSL IFC NAND driver.  This leads to an enormous amount of messages and ECC errors reported when using the

ubiformat command. I do not see any support for that command in newer version of Linux

Is there any information that could help me implement the command?

Looking at the other drivers for idea lead me to a silent ubiformat command but did not solve the issue with

ECC errors.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please open a Service Request to investigate the issue in more detail.

0 Kudos
renaud
Contributor IV

A SR has been opened. I eventually implemented code to support the random data output command.

MTD testing (speedtest, torture, subpage) passed.  The system now boot from NAND.

Thanks to Freescale technical  support.

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You wrote:

> We are using a P1014 with a SLC NAND using 1-bit ECC.

> Hence, we do not use the hardware ECC support.

Please clarify how ECC is calculated in your case.

0 Kudos