Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade from CodeWarrior 10.300 to CodeWarrior 10.4

Jump to solution
kanatalimzhanov
Contributor III

Hello,

I have floating, perpetual license for CodeWarrior 10.300.

Is this mandatory to subscribe to technical support for CodeWarrior to enable working with newer version of CodeWarrior (now 10.4)?

If this qwestion is FAQ, please direct me to proper info.

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kanat,

License support is one year, it means if customers purchase CodeWarrior license, they have permission to download license files for all CodeWarrior products, and it's better to download all the license files in one year. Because after one year, they only could download license files for products which they had already downloaded previously. So you need to buy new license support or new version CodeWarrior.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kanat,

According to Freescale license policy, if you purchase CodeWarrior licenses, you could download license files for all CodeWarrior products, for example if you buy a Standard CodeWarrior license, you have the permission to

download Standard licenses files for CW 8.8, CW for PA 10.x, and CW for other architectures.

Please use the following procedure to download license file for CW 10.4.

(1) Go to www.freescale.com

(2) Log in to <My Freescale> using your registered member ID and password.

(3) Click on <Software Licensing>— "My Software Licensing" page appears showing your currently licensed products

(4)Click on "License Options" — The CodeWarrior Development Suite Details page appears

(5) Please download CW 10.4 license file under "Products you are entitled to license with an active support contract".

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

kanatalimzhanov
Contributor III

Thanks, Yiping.

Something to clear:

"5) download CW 10.4 license file under "Products you are entitled to license with an active support contract"."

We have purchased long time ago 'CW for PA 10.300' floating, perpetual license, and now our support contract expired now (it is inactive).

Should we buy new support contract for 'CW for PA 10.x' to enable working newer CW 10.40?

(I have downloaded, install and successfully use CW 10.40 during test (try) period.)

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kanat,

License support is one year, it means if customers purchase CodeWarrior license, they have permission to download license files for all CodeWarrior products, and it's better to download all the license files in one year. Because after one year, they only could download license files for products which they had already downloaded previously. So you need to buy new license support or new version CodeWarrior.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos
kanatalimzhanov
Contributor III

Thanks, Yiping!

Everything is clear now fo me.

0 Kudos