Where do I find hardware reference designs (reference circuits)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find hardware reference designs (reference circuits)?

ronsegal
Contributor I

New to Freescale, I am looking for MCU reference circuit designs and layouts for Kinetis L series board development. Where can these be found?

Best wishes, Ron

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ron:

Welcome to FSL! :smileyhappy:

Good to have you in our community.

What MCU are you using/planning to use?

There are a lot of boards developed by Freescale that can serve as reference for your own design, since Freescale provides the design files (BOM, layouts, schematics).

As an example, if you were using a KL25 device, you can use either FRDM-KL25Z board or TWR-KL25Z48M board.

A) For FRDM-KL25Z you can find the files in the next link:

Freescale Freedom Deveopment Platform for Kin|Freescale -> Downloads tab -> Hardware Development Tools -> Printed Circuit boards and Schematics.

B) For TWR-KL25Z48M board, the files can be found in:

Kinetis KL1x and KL2x 48 MHz MCUs Tower Syste|Freescale -> Downloads tab -> Hardware Development Tools -> Printed Circuit boards and Schematics.

This is for KL25, but there are a lot of boards for different devices in the next links:

www.freescale.com/freedom

www.freescale.com/tower

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ronsegal
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank you very much for getting back, can't think how I missed that detail (maybe my Wife is right when she complains about me not being able to find anything!).

The particular device of interest is the MKL26Z256VLH4.

So now I'm looking here: www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FRDM-KL26Z  under downloads and its all there!

What a relief, thanks again.

Very best regards

Ron

0 Kudos