ZSTAR3: How calculate relative accelerations?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZSTAR3: How calculate relative accelerations?

adekadek
Contributor I

Hi,

I have ZSTAR3. I want to calculate relative accelerations.
This means, when sensor stay on the desk I want to have using mathematical formula 0g in X,Y,Z-axis. When I moving I also want to calculate relative acceleration in X, Y, Z-axis.

For example. I have my sensor on hand and I begin move to up and down and I want to know with which relative accelerations in Z-axis I move this sensor.

Freescale programs give me only absolute acceleration in X, Y, Z-axis and absolute g.

My data from program of Freescale is in attachment.

Best regards
Adek

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adek,

In short, this is not easily achievable with the hardware and software used in the ZSTAR3 system.

My recommendation is to use the FRDM-FXS-MULTI-B board paired with compatible Freedom boards and running the Freescale sensor fusion library for Kinetis MCUs. See also One-stop-fusion-shopping at freescale.com/sensorfusion for more information on those evaluation boards and library.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

adekadek
Contributor I

Thanks Tomas,

I thinking about how calculate relative acceleration with ZSTAR3 but in my opinion this is immposible. You are right Thomas.

With this sensor I have only tilt and absolute acceleration in X,Y,Z-axis.

I can only calculate relative acceleration when i let go down without rotation. Then I can choose with all date

max acceleration and min acceleration(1g) and calculate relative acceleration = max acceleration - min acceleration(1g) in Z-axis.

But when I let go down and sensor is in position X-axis 45 degrees and Z-axis 45 degrees ( photo below) I can't calculate relativ acceleration

in X or Z direction.

I measure with this construction (photo) acceleration of falling sensors and angle of sensor is in X,Z-axis 45 degrees.

Of course i want to measure relative acceleretion in X,Z-acceleration

Maybe someone have different opinion?

Best regards
Adek

2014-10-27 22.17.48.jpg

0 Kudos