Code Warrior and Kinetis Design Studio

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior and Kinetis Design Studio

brunopaillard
Contributor III

I see on the Code Warrior web site that only Kinetis Design Studio will support the new device in the Kinetis K series MCUs.

But are there plans for Kinetis Design Sudio to also support the legacy parts, such as the K21P121M120FS5 device that is featured on the TWR-K21F120M devkit?

Right now the situation seems to be that new devices are only supported by KDS, and legacy devices are only supported by Code Warrior. But neither tool supports the whole line.

Thanks

Bruno

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The new Kinetis devices are supported by KDS and most of the legacy devices are supported as well. CodeWarrior will not support new devices.

If you are referring to this Tower board Kinetis K21 120 MHz Tower System Module|Freescale this one has on board a MK21FN1M0VMC12 device that is supported by KDS v1.1.1, you can find it in the New project wizard with the label MK21FN1M0xxx12.

new project wizard.png

:smileyinfo: Post your questions in a dedicated space, for example Kinetis Design Studio there all the members in the community will easy see your question.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

brunopaillard
Contributor III

Hi Adrian

Thanks for your quick answer!

Am I correct in understanding that KDS is the new tool, and everything will progressively migrate there while Code Warrior may be progressively obsoleted?

PS I thought I did post to a specific space... Obviously I still have things to learn...!

Bruno

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

KDS is the tool used to develop with Kinetis devices, just Kinetis microcontrollers are and will be supported by KDS. CodeWarrior will still supporting other architectures as 8-bits, 16-bits and other No-Kinetis devices.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

0 Kudos

brunopaillard
Contributor III

Hi Adrian

Are there MQX-Lite, PEx-enabled example projects for the TWR-K21F120M board (or for the MK21FN1Mxx processor) made in Kinetis Design Studio?

Thanks

Bruno

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately the installation folder of Kinetis Design Studio does not contain any example for that. I would recommend you to post a new question with that topic, it is probably that someone has an example in KDS.

Best regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos

brunopaillard
Contributor III

Thanks Adrian

0 Kudos

brunopaillard
Contributor III

Understood

Thanks Adrian

Bruno