How to automatically start Vybrid application after boot in the Timesys Linux ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically start Vybrid application after boot in the Timesys Linux ?

Jump to solution
dragan
Contributor III

Respected Colleagues,

how to make a script for automatic start of some Vybrid application after boot in the Timesys Linux, and where to implement call of that script ?

For example, after power failure, application have to start automatically.

Is it explained in some Timesys document?

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,

Dragan Kujovic

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ed_nash
Contributor III

Unless it has changed, look in /etc/init.d - you will find scripts named s* and k* - the s* scripts are executed in alphabetical order on startup (they must have x permission) and the k files are executed in alphabetical order on shutdown. Simply add your own script. Typically it runs last and make sure your command runs in background (ends with "&") if you want to continue to a shell prompt.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ed_nash
Contributor III

Unless it has changed, look in /etc/init.d - you will find scripts named s* and k* - the s* scripts are executed in alphabetical order on startup (they must have x permission) and the k files are executed in alphabetical order on shutdown. Simply add your own script. Typically it runs last and make sure your command runs in background (ends with "&") if you want to continue to a shell prompt.

0 Kudos
dragan
Contributor III

Respected ed_nash

thanks to your suggestion I have managed to make and start my application trough script file at the and of boot.

To help others that have little knowledge as I have, I will elaborate this topic further.

In Timesys Factory folder (for example):

/timesys/pcl052/factory-20140113/build_armv7l-timesys-linux-gnueabi/rfs/etc/init.d

Make file with S*XX prefix where XX is the highest number in that folder. For example: S99_ACME

I have attached sample file, where you have to change path and file name you wish to start.

This file copy to /rfs/etc/init.d folder of your SD card.

With best regards,

Dragan Kujovic

0 Kudos