Where do I put application code in for MQX program?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I put application code in for MQX program?

funkyguy4000
Contributor II

I've never worked with MQX before, always bare-metal, so I am kind of confused where the user-code goes.

I am working with the FRDM-K64F and hoping to use MQX with the RTCS (Real Time TCP/IP communication suite I think) because it has support for SNMP

I have found much documentation on importing the projects into Codwarrior and Kinetis Design Studio, which i can do, but I have no idea where to put my code

Bonus : Where do I even start with working with SNMP?  It looks like there is a project devoted to that in the examples but I don't know how I would use that with my own application.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shannon,

In MQX you need to create tasks and every task has a specific code according your needs. Maybe some people kill me for saying this, but this analogy can work, imagine that each task is a subroutine or function so you can write the code that you need at each funtion. The tasks have a priority and runs according this priority.

Maybe it is a little more complex, you can to check the attached application note.

I hope this helps!!!

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos