cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPXV7007 diff pressure sensor issues

Jump to solution
lachlanpedersen
Contributor I

I am trying to use a MPXV7007 differential pressure sensor controlled  by an Arduino UNO microcontroller. When I connect the sensor with style 2 from the data sheet including the suggested decoupling circuit and provide Vs with 5v, I get a reading of about 4.95v from Vout. This does not make sense as with no differential pressure I should get the minimum 0.5v at Vout. When I tried connecting another sensor as style 1 I did not get any reading between Vout+ and Vout- so I assume it needs to be style 2. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Lachlan,

Most likely the sensor is already damaged due to the incorrect wring connections.

-Josh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Lachlan,

Please disregard the "Styles" shown in the datasheet, the correct pinout is in page 3, figure 1:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MPXV7007.pdf

Hope it helps.

Josh

lachlanpedersen
Contributor I

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the sensor configured with the pinout on page 3 with:
Vs - 2
GND - 3
Vout - 4

But I am still getting a high voltage readout (4.95v) when there is nothing connected to the two sensing ports. I have a gauge pressure sensor of the same package hooked up the same way and it is giving me a reasonable readout of 0.2v with nothing connected and responds to pressure changes. I don't understand why the two are acting differently or why I am getting such a high voltage at Vout.

0 Kudos
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Lachlan,

Most likely the sensor is already damaged due to the incorrect wring connections.

-Josh

0 Kudos