cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Licensing for i.MX6

Jump to solution
azurin
Contributor I

If I am building a board that has an HDMI connector to an HDMI display. Do we have to pay for a license or since Freescale already has the circuitry built in to the I.MX6 we wouldn’t have to pay a licensee fee? How does that work?

Labels (3)
1 Solution
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dana,

Yes, you would need to pay a license for the HDMI. Please take a look at the following information about fees:

HDMI :: Manufacturer :: Becoming an Adopter :: Terms

Best regards,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dana,

Yes, you would need to pay a license for the HDMI. Please take a look at the following information about fees:

HDMI :: Manufacturer :: Becoming an Adopter :: Terms

Best regards,
Sergio

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!