cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to modify u-boot

梦田
Contributor II

Hello,

I am starting to use Yocto but I have a lots of difficulties to understand how it works.

This is the link:    file:///F:/freescale/QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-SOURCE-20140619-yocto/START_HERE.html

I just want to modify u-boot, how should I proceed ?

Labels (1)
7 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello 梦田,

Please refer to the application note QorIQ Linux SDK 1.6 Working With Yocto.

There is detailed description about how Yocto SDK 1.6 working, and the procedure to modify u-boot source or configuration and rebuild u-boot.

Please feel free to let me know for any confusion.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

梦田
Contributor II

It says"

Modify U-Boot configuration.

1. $ modify UBOOT_MACHINESValues for UBOOT_MACHINES are listed in meta-fsl-ppc/conf/machine/<machine>.confe.g.UBOOT_MACHINES = "P1023RDB"

"

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello 梦田,

Thanks. It's a mistake, I will correct it, it should be

1. Modify UBOOT_MACHINES variable in meta-fsl-ppc/conf/machine/<machine>.conf, for example meta-fsl-ppc/conf/machine/p1023rdb.conf, you could use "vi" to open and edit the conf file.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

梦田
Contributor II

Hello Yiping Wang,

I just find another question. When I begin to configure the Linux Kernel, I should update KERNEL_DEFCONFIG variable in meta-fsl-ppc/conf/machine/t4240qds.conf and update KERNEL_DEVICETREE variable in meta-fsl-ppc/conf/machine/t4240qds.conf.

But I cannot understand how can I update them.

Thanks,

mengtian

0 Kudos

梦田
Contributor II

Hello Yiping Wang,

Thank you for your answer sincerely.

0 Kudos

梦田
Contributor II

Dear Yiping Wang,

Thanking for your answer so much.

I just follow the web station,but when I follow this step,I came across problems.

It says"

Modify U-Boot configuration.

1. $ modify UBOOT_MACHINESValues for UBOOT_MACHINES are listed in meta-fsl-ppc/conf/machine/<machine>.confe.g. UBOOT_MACHINES = "P1023RDB"

"

but I cannot find the command of “modify”, could you help me?

(ps:Could I ask questions in Chinese on this web station?)

Thank you,

mengtian

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please forward this request to PowerQUICC Processors

QorIQ Processors

~Yuri.

0 Kudos