Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know some details about PMIC MMPF0100

Jump to solution
johnwesley
Contributor III

Hi all,

In our present project we would like to use IMX solo lite processor MCIMX6L2DVN10AB. I had a huge confusion after seeing the evaluation schematic in POWER MANAGEMENT CIRCUIT...,

I have seen in eval board of sololite processor (MCIMX6SLEVK). In this eval board F1  programmed (MMPF0100F1EP) PMIC is used for power circuit. based on the schematic I could see the voltage level 1.5 at Vgen2 pin. But as per the datasheet  (page number 20 )   F1 column of Vgen2 generation voltage is empy. (-)

so my doubt is "

1. how  Vgen2 ( 1.5v)  generated from (MMPF0100F1EP) at reference schematic of sololite (MCIMX6SLEVK)?

2. is it possible to change the voltage level of each regulator in preprogrammed PMIC ( F0, F1, F2...) ?

3. what is the purpose of I2C interface in preprogramed PMIC F1, F2, ..?

4. Kindly suggest me what kind of PMIC( MMPF0100) or programming chip will support for this processor MCIMX6L2DVN10AB.

5. If I don't want to use some of the regulator voltage, what I have to do in schematic? shall I keep in open for all the pin which I don't want to use?

Thanks and regards

John Wesley.

Labels (6)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
6 Replies
johnwesley
Contributor III

Hi igor,

I am already having this eval kit but I can't able to understand How onoff controlling done through processor. I need the application like mobile phone power button switch(ON OFF for long press, standby and wakeup options). Could you please help me to solve this issue?. I have already found in processor datasheet about this push button But PMIC is also having this same options.

I am having Bat charging circuit with voltage monitoring connected to processor. How I can  control total power supply .

Thanks and regards,

John Wesley.

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John

processor power button switch(ON OFF) is explained in

sect.10.5 ONOFF (Button) IMX6DQRM

for MMPF0100 in sect.6.1.2.2PWRON Pin Configuration MMPF0100

~igor

0 Kudos
johnwesley
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thank you very much If I have any doubts I will ping you.

Thanks and regards,

John Wesley.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John

- latest datasheet p.20 MMPF0100 does have voltage at Vgen2

- regarding changing voltages -yes they can be changed using i2c interface

- various PMIC parameters can be also changed using i2c

- for i.MX6SL recommneded F3 option, it is shown on p.20 MMPF0100

- connections of unused regulators is decibed in  AN4717

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

johnwesley
Contributor III

Hi igor,

So, here I am planning to use MMPF0100F1EP PMIC for my (MCIMX6L2DVN10AB) application.

I also want to know if I am using F1 programmed processor what are the changes that we can make through I2C interface.

And also I want to know how to control the power on off standby and wake up by using push button ?

Thanks and regards,

John Wesley.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John

for examples suggest to check i.MX6SL BSPs

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX6SLEVK&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos