AnsweredAssumed Answered

Free eGUI up-to-date CW project

Question asked by Petr Kubiznak on Oct 13, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 by Petr Kubiznak

Hi,

Is there any up-to-date CodeWarrior demo project for the free eGUI? I'm unable to build any of what I found (with MQX 4.1.1 and latest revision of free eGUI from github).

The one project which is most promissing, gives the following error (on multiple places):

C:/Freescale/D4D_free/repo/D4D/common_files/d4d_string.c: In function 'D4D_LCD_PrintStr':

C:/Freescale/D4D_free/repo/D4D/common_files/d4d_string.c:643:3: error: wide character array initialized from incompatible wide string

mingw32-make: *** [D4D/common_files/d4d_string.o] Error 1

In this case, the problem is the following line:

const D4D_TCHAR pLongTextEnd[] = D4D_DEFSTR("...");

I found a solution which allows me to build it successfully: Using the -fshort-wchar compiler flag. But I get tons of linker warnings of the following type:

e:/program files/cw mcu v10.6/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: C:/Freescale/Freescale_MQX4/lib/twrk70f120m.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/bsp.a(mqx_main.o) uses 4-byte wchar_t yet the output is to use 2-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t values across objects may fail

I know it's "just" a warning, but I believe this type of warning might be really critical, or am I wrong?

I can build MQX with the same flag to eliminate these warnings, but the application links with some standard libraries, e.g. Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/softfp\libsupc++.a(eh_globals.o) So the warnings remain here.

It might be possible to rebuild these libraries as well, but this is not the way I want to go. So I would really like to find a demo CW project for the latest eGUI, which builds with MQX and standard libraries without changing the configuration. Can someone please provide?

Outcomes