Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR_K70120MHz and MK10FX512VLQ12 compatibility

Jump to solution
nesrinemhiri
Contributor III

Hi

whould like to measure current consumption in low power mode.

as it clear that the MK10FX512vlq12 have note a board so no schematics,but is compatible with K70 so with the TWR-K70120MHz.

I do for my chip K10 a generic board and it work well,

the problem is in low power mode ,my code work well with TWR-K70 but does not give good result with K10,i have all time Idd_lowpowermode (VLLs,stop;LLs)=21mA !!!

so i can say that the problem is hardware ,is there a wakeup pin in the MK10FX512VLQ12 that should be active or other thing like this?

regards

Nesrine

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nesrinemhiri
Contributor III

Hi

I arrived to resolve the problem,I have one pin floating

Thank you chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nesrine,

First of all, it doesn't sound like you're even getting into a low power mode.  So are you sure that you are getting to your low power code and executing the WFI instruction properly?  Is your debugger connected (because it shouldn't be to get the proper low power mode currents)?  If the debugger is connected and a session is active (or has been active since the last power-on reset) you might only be entering a psuedo low power mode. 

Other things to check would include:

Make sure your code isn't trying to configure pins that do not exist on the K10.  Unexpected things could happen when doing this (including possibly causing an interrupt that prevents you from entering a low power mode). 

Check that modules that don't exist on the K10 aren't being initialized in your code. 

Check that none of your pins are floating at a mid-level voltage.  If the external hardware forces a pin to mid-level voltage this could be a source of extra current draw. 

That's about all I can think of to check.  An experiment you could run is to put a pin toggle at the point where you would exit the low power mode and see if you get there without your expected wakeup event occurring. 

Hope that helps,

Chris

nesrinemhiri
Contributor III

Hi Chris

1/When I measure current consumption my debugger is not connected

2/My code work well with the TWR_K70 120MHz borad

3/ For my K10 I do a generic bord with the minimal hardware (VDD,VSS,EXATL0,XATL0,Reset,Vbat,VSSA,VDDA ,VrefH,vrefL,pin GTAG) and my borad work well with the coreMark code.

4/ in the freesacle website it says that K10_120 is compatible with K70.

I can not find the problem.

Regards

Nesrine

nesrinemhiri
Contributor III

Hi

I arrived to resolve the problem,I have one pin floating

Thank you chris

0 Kudos