cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN2545 looking strange here

Alias_s
Contributor I
Hello friends!

I´m trying to understand how to write on the flash of a MC86HC908GZ8, and I´m reading the AN2545 application note, but it looks like here that some phrases is missing. For example, from the end of the first page to the start of the second page, the text makes no sense, and it seems to happen on the entire document.
I am usign Acrobat Reader 7.0 and I never saw any problem reading PDFs on that program. I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem, and where can I get a better file for that important application note.

Thanx in advance
Best regards
Christian Schultz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello and Welcome,

Thank you for pinpointing this.
The document does look suffled on my screen as well.

I suspect the automatic conversion from Motorola to Freescale of the documentation did not go well here.
I flagged that to FSL Doc Team.

Thanks again,
Alban.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Here is what should be read on the page 1:

Normally, split-gate FLASH is programmed on a row basis and erased on a page basis. Also, an entire specified array can be mass erased. For the GZ8/16 and GR16, rows are 32 bytes and pages are 64 bytes (two rows of 32 bytes each).

The document is in the queue for correction.
If you register for your interests in the 8-bit products, you will receive the notification and direct link to the document when published

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

Alias_s
Contributor I
Please, do you have an old (Motorola´s) version of that document? Could you send it to me, because I´m a bit lost about that chapter (Flash programming) and I need to finish a project and that part plus CAN communication is blocking me.

My email is christian.s@lactec.org.br

Thank you in advance for any help

Best regards
Christian Schultz
0 Kudos

PeterHouse
Contributor I
Christian,

I googled AN2545 and came up with this link: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/681212.html

This appears to have ALL the text and I sent the complete document to you off list.  The version is shown as AN2545/D Rev. 1, 6/2004

Peter House
0 Kudos

Alias_s
Contributor I
Thanx a lot, Peter, it helped me a lot!
0 Kudos