cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW6.4 - M52223EVM - Coldfire BDM issue

soccermike
Contributor I
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using Codewarrior 6.4 Build 6 on the Coldfire M52223EVM board.  I've also tried this with the M52221Demo board with the same outcome.  I can program and debug both boards using my intel based computers; however I have two AMD processor based computers that won't erase or program through the USB Coldfire Multilink adapter.  I've reloaded the software, both Codewarrior 6.3 and 6.4 numerous times.

The system log says it is initializing. It gets stuck at this point.  No errors ever occur. I've tried with multiple adapters also with the same non-fuctioning results.  I software can send a run command through the adapter on my AMD-based machines so I know some parts of the adapter works on my problem machines.

Do I need to configure my AMD machines somehow.  PE Micro has no answers for this problem.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Alban Edit: FSL Part Number in Subject line + split/moved to appropriate location.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-19 11:48 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Black
Contributor I
Just some background of what this “Initializing” message means from the CodeWarrior Flash programmer point of view. Non-stop “Initializing” means that the algorithm did not terminate with the possible causes:
- Algorithm did not load properly into Target RAM Buffer
       Find problem with Target RAM Buffer
       Use internal RAM if available (PQ3, PQ2 Pro + QE, CF)
-Conflict with Target RAM Buffer
       Check target hardware memory-map
-Resolve conflicts
       Debug Exception not processed properly

If it proves to be a CodeWarrior issue after the previous post guidelines, please submit a service request here. Thank you.
0 Kudos

JWW
Contributor V
Try downloading CFFlasher.  This utility is about as bare bones as you can get and is a great little flashing program.  If you can get that to work on your AMD part, then you know the P&E libs are good and the hardware is good.  Then it is a Codewarrior problem.  If you still can't program flash with CFFlasher using the P&E USB Multilink, then you probably have a driver problem and I would suggest re-installing the P&E drivers.

-JWW
0 Kudos