Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 10.6 linker crash

Jump to solution
BV_BV
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I hope to find some help for this issue.

I installed CW 10.6 on a Win 7 PC.

The linker always crashes when i try to compile.

Even demo projects, or virtually empty template projects causes the linker to crash.

Below is the report of the problem, it's in italian, I'm sorry, but I think it can be understood.

I have installed CW10.6 on a Win 8.1 and an old Win XP machine, and on both machines (not mines), everything is working ok.

It would be nice to have it work in this machine.

Any help ?

Firma problema:

Nome evento problema: BEX

Nome applicazione: mwldmcf.exe

Versione applicazione: 6.0.0.3023

Timestamp applicazione: 52df9621

Nome modulo con errori: LMGR11.dll

Versione modulo con errori: 0.0.0.0

Timestamp modulo con errori: 48287602

Offset eccezione: 0007f841

Codice eccezione: c000000d

Dati eccezione: 00000000

Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

ID impostazioni locali: 1040

Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 9b9d

Ulteriori informazioni 2: 9b9d12ee3b92133839772cbd625bc26a

Ulteriori informazioni 3: a41b

Ulteriori informazioni 4: a41ba0f178dd371e33201d2cb9735d05

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BV_BV
Contributor III

Ok, I've got good news.

I found in the directory C:\Windows a .ini which reported 01/01/1970 as a creation date.

The file content is pretty small so I created a new filem copied the content, and replaced the old file.

Now the IDE opens (and compile projects) without problems (both v5.1 for HCS12 and 10.6 for ColdfireV1).

In the same directory (C:\Windows) there are other two files which have strange creation dates (1998 and 1997). I did the same (copy and replace), but the newly created files retain the old creation date. I can't understand why it behaves like this.It seems that the OS "understands" and monitors date changes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BV_BV
Contributor III

Ok, I've got good news.

I found in the directory C:\Windows a .ini which reported 01/01/1970 as a creation date.

The file content is pretty small so I created a new filem copied the content, and replaced the old file.

Now the IDE opens (and compile projects) without problems (both v5.1 for HCS12 and 10.6 for ColdfireV1).

In the same directory (C:\Windows) there are other two files which have strange creation dates (1998 and 1997). I did the same (copy and replace), but the newly created files retain the old creation date. I can't understand why it behaves like this.It seems that the OS "understands" and monitors date changes.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Davide,

Solution 1: one our customer met similar problem in classic version and provided us his solution, please try it too.

Re: Cannot get CW for Coldfire 7.2 EVAL to run. WHY?

Solution 2:

May be you can try the following.

1.back up your lmgr11.dll under {your CW install}\bin folder

2. copy lmgr8c.dll and rename it to lmgr11.dll, replace the old one.

3. restart CW and see if problem disappeared.

Solution 3:

1. install CW on ANOTHER PC

2. uninstall CW from your PC

3. Copy the install folder from ANOTHER PC to your PC.

4. then open CW from {your CW install}\...\cwide.exe

How it works?

==============================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. thanks!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

BV_BV
Contributor III

Hello, thank you for the infos.

I tried solution 2 but it didn't work, same crash. BTW I removed lmgr8c.dll and lmgr11.dll from the directory and nothing complains that those files are missing. I can't understand this, as a side note.

I'm trying solution 3.... it takes some time.

And I looked at solution 1, so I downloaded Process monitor and I gave a look at the file dates. Some records of operation made by mwldmcf.exe are on files which dates to 1/1/1601.

Even lmgr11.dll has 1/1/1601 as a date. But when those files are viewed with File Explorer, they have "correct" dates.

Can it be a problem ? Should it be fixed ?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos