AnsweredAssumed Answered

T1040RDB Codewarrior debugging

Question asked by Pat Erb on Oct 7, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 by Larry5335

I have a T1040RDB.  I am trying to test the ability to connect to a new board with no RCW present using a Codewarrior TAP.  I have cleared the RCW out of the flash and modified the dip switch settings so my board will boot with no RCW present.  I am using V10.4 of the CodeWarrior software.

I set up a project to connect to the board and set the JTAG configuration file to use the file \Freescale\CW_PA_v10.4.0\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\QorIQ_T1\T1040RDB_RCW_1400_600_1600.txt.  I believe this should setup the RCW when the JTAG connects, but I get the following error:

Description:

Error launching 1040rdb-core00_RAM_T1040_Download

Explanation:

No details available.Details:

CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain

Stack Trace:

com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.core.DebugErrorUtils.handleDebugCoreError(DebugErrorUtils.java:286)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.DownloadLaunchDelegate.cwDoLaunch(DownloadLaunchDelegate.java:542)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.BaseLaunchDelegate.doLaunch(BaseLaunchDelegate.java:210)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.DownloadLaunchDelegate.launchDebug(DownloadLaunchDelegate.java:276)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.DownloadLaunchDelegate.launch(DownloadLaunchDelegate.java:123)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:861)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)

org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I've tested my JTAG connection and it works fine when I boot the board using the RCW in flash.  I have also tested this same scenario on our custom board, which has a blank flash and I get the same problem.

Am I missing any steps to get the JTAG to setup an RCW when connecting?

Thanks.

Pat

Outcomes