Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD20DX128VFM5: USB ID Pin

Jump to solution
huishao2
Contributor IV

Hi -

Anyone knows where the USB ID pin described below is mapped to which physical pin on MK20DX128VFM5? I don't see it to pin configuration table.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!

Hui

1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Hui Shao:

That register usually causes confusion, sorry about that.

In Kinetis MCUs the USBx_OTGSTAT register is not used and there is not a dedicated USB_ID pin, so you will not find it in the pinout table.

To handle the ID pin in the physical USB connectors, you can use any digital GPIO pin configured for interrupt.

In the Freescale Tower System (e.g. TWR-SER) you can see that an external OTG Driver IC (MAX3353) is used. With this chip you can monitor the ID signal in two ways:

1- Using the ID_OUT pin of external driver IC.

2- Reading the ID status via the I2C communication with the driver IC.

Some reference boards as TWR-K20D50M already have the USB_ID pin connected to a GPIO so that it can be monitored by the application.

For more details on this check the next thread:

K60 USB FS/LS OTG Controller: Few questions

I hope this helps with your doubt.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Hui Shao:

That register usually causes confusion, sorry about that.

In Kinetis MCUs the USBx_OTGSTAT register is not used and there is not a dedicated USB_ID pin, so you will not find it in the pinout table.

To handle the ID pin in the physical USB connectors, you can use any digital GPIO pin configured for interrupt.

In the Freescale Tower System (e.g. TWR-SER) you can see that an external OTG Driver IC (MAX3353) is used. With this chip you can monitor the ID signal in two ways:

1- Using the ID_OUT pin of external driver IC.

2- Reading the ID status via the I2C communication with the driver IC.

Some reference boards as TWR-K20D50M already have the USB_ID pin connected to a GPIO so that it can be monitored by the application.

For more details on this check the next thread:

K60 USB FS/LS OTG Controller: Few questions

I hope this helps with your doubt.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!