cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker file for Vybrid VF61

dragan
Contributor III

Respected colleagues,

can somebody from Freescale community share a correct sample of GCC Linker file for VF61 Vybrid CPU (VF61.ld).

I need it for Phytec Vybriid Cosmic+ Board, but it can be for Freescale Tower System also.

I know how to make a working GCC projects for VF61, but I have not experience in generating correct GCC Linker files, and because of incorrect memory mapping my applications crashes in Timesys Linux environment.

Please, do not point me to some documents how to make linker file, because I am not sure that I can handle this. Working sample for VF61 is the best solution. I hope that somebody work with GCC and VF61.

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,

Dragan Kujovic

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dragan,

Each Timesys build provides a cross-toolchain, including a cross-GCC and -LD.  The cross-toolchain can be obtained by installing the SDK installer from a Factory build - on the Download page of a Web Factory build, or in the build_*/ directory of a Desktop Factory build.

Instructions for using the toolchain on the command line can be found here:

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/wiki/factory/FactoryBestPractices#Building-a-non-Timesys-provided...

Or, you can use TimeStorm, our Eclipse-based IDE, which automatically integrates with any Timesys Factory/Yocto toolchain you have installed on your host PC:

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/ide

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

Timesys Support

dragan
Contributor III

Thanks for your suggestions,

but it is not answer to my question.

My question is does anybody has working GCC linker file under ARM DS-5 environment for Phytec or Freescale boards ?

I (and many people worldwide) use ARM DS-5 under Windows, and I personally use a GCC compiler, assembler and linker only because I have to because there is no working embedded Windows operating system for the Phytec Vybrid boards (such as Windows CE on the Toradex Colibri VF61 board). With GCC Linker script for ARM DS-5 doesn't matter are you programming Bare metal or Linux application, and are you C++ or GCC programmer.

So, my question for all, especially for Phytec, is: Can anybody write Hello World ARM DS-5 sample for GCC compiler with linker script for A5 and M4 CPU's and share it ?

I have posted on the Freescale Community working GCC DS-5 sample project which has not a GCC linker script (Re: Re: How to run DS-5 program at Phytec Cosmic+ board from FLASH ?). Can anybody attach to that sample working GCC Linker script for A5 and M4 CPU's ?

Or, your suggestion for me is to give up of Phytec Vybrid boards with Timesys Linux and use Toradex boards with Windows CE, where I can write applications under Windows in Visual Studio?

With best regards,

Dragan Kujovic

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dragan,

We do not have the GCC linker file you reference.

I wanted to let you know that if you are running Windows on your host PC, you can still use the Timesys tools via a virtual machine:

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/wiki/engineering/HOWTO_Use_LinuxLink_on_Windows_using_VirtualBox

Thanks,

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport  can you continue with the follow up?

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you  help with this case?

0 Kudos