has anyone actually used the GA version sucessfully? are there any relevant tutorials (NOT for Beta versions)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone actually used the GA version sucessfully? are there any relevant tutorials (NOT for Beta versions)

georgemichie
Contributor I

how do you upgrade from beta to GA sucessfully? without error,

there are so many changes from beta to GA, any documentation?

How do you import from the mbed ?

There seem to be a thousand ways to import, none of which work successfully.

I don't believe this product has been tested... vapourware...

How do you access the Product Manager ? or dont they have one......

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

To answer your question in the title: given the post in this forum, and with myself using KDS (V1.1.1), I can say that it is used successfully (but you were not specific in what is not working for you). The V1.1.x is matching the beta tutorials, because most things remainded the same. With the exception of the Kinetis SDK, and this depends on what you are using. See the release notes on that topic, otherwise there is a dedicated Kinetis SDK community forum (Kinetis Software Development Kit).

About your points:

Because the previous version was a beta version, there is no direct upgrade (e.g. you cannot make an in-place update). When you install V1.1.1, then this is a full/new install.

There are release notes and other documentation available on the documentation tab of Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale.

Importing depends on what you want to import. Importing existing KDS projects is done with File > Import > Existing projects into Workspace.

This imports eclipse projects. So if you want to import a project from mbed, then that project has to be exported as Eclipse project using GNU ARM gcc tool chain. And be assured that KDS has been tested. And that KDS is provided free of charge and community supported in this forum. And that other users including myself are monitoring it and answering questions.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos