cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG tool stalls on SabreSDB when connecting the SD card

StephanT
Contributor II

Hello Community,

I'm trying to start my SabreSDB for the first time with Linux using the MFG tool. I loaded the current version "IMX_6_MFG_L3.10.17_1.0.0_TOOL" and chose the variant with rootfs. Connecting and starting the MFG tool works fine, but after "Jumping to OS image" and booting the systems stalls at the point where the SD card (2GB, currently formatted with FAT32) should be initialized.

From my "Win7-64-bit" host system I'm getting the message "Device driver software was not successfully installed"!

I've got screenshots of the terminal output, MFG tool window and the error message attached!

What's going wrong?

Many thanks for any hint!

Best regards

Stephan

0 Kudos
6 Replies

StephanT
Contributor II

..well I'm a step further on: the problem is the device installation of the sd card by booting the downloaded image!

At my notebook (WIN7-64bit) I'm getting the message "Device driver software was not succesfully installed" and there for I'm getting NO drive letter for the mfg tool.

When using my desktop (WIN7-64bit) a device driver will be installed with the message "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device..." and everything works fine"

Where to get the correct device driver needed by the mfg tool to store the image for my notebook?

Has anyone a hint what's going wrong?

Many thanks and regards - Stephan

0 Kudos

StephanT
Contributor II

..well, with the last tests I found the main problem in a missing or faulty driver at my notebook.

In the first step the MFG tool is connected via "HID-compliant device" and the download is starting. But when the sd card should be mounted I'm getting the error message "Device driver software was not succesfully installed" instead of "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device...".

This happens on my notebook equipped with WIN7-64bit as well as inside a VMWare running WIN7-32bit with my notebook as host.

And: I found something new...

When connecting the MFG tool to another USB port - this one is USB3 capable - the device driver will be installed (it seems to be the "WPD File System Volume Driver" and the driver is up to date) but not started and I'm getting the error message "Device Error" Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device does not respond"

Well: and when using another company notebook (different model) everything is working fine, but when taking another notebook which is got the same model as mine (HP EliteBook 8460P) the problem is back!

Have you got any idea what's going wrong with my notebook? Is there any incompatibility known with a specific USB controller?

Well, I've got the feeling, that there could be a problem with the chipset driver of the notebook itself!

Any comment?

0 Kudos

StephanT
Contributor II

Hi Rodrigue,

I'm sorry to say: nothing changed - the situation is still the same as shown in the picture.

BR - Stephan

0 Kudos

ralf-lehmann
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan

Have you set the dip switches (sw6)?

Should be: 2, 7-on and 1,3,4,5,6,8-off

R.

0 Kudos

StephanT
Contributor II

HI Ralf,

yes, the dip switch SW6 is set - corresponding to the QuickStartGuide - in the way you described.

What I'm wondering about is, that the MFG tool is switching to "No Device Connected" during the kernel boot.

Any further comments?

Stephan

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

How does your cfg.ini look like?

mine: with Sd card on SD3 slot works.

[profiles]
chip = Linux

[platform]
board = SabreSD

[LIST]
name = SDCard

[variable]
board = sabresd
mmc = 1
MX6Q = 1

please input the right List name and variables.

br,

Rod

0 Kudos