cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW6.0 - RS08 - Memory Limitation?

Jump to solution
CS
Contributor I
I am programming an RS08 target in assembler.  I get an error "A1401 - Value Out Of Range" when my program exceeds 256bytes.  I've looked thru the manuals but can't find anything to help this.

I haven't used assembler in 20 years so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something but don't know what.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Alban Edit: Please always include FSL Part Number in Message Subject line.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-15 08:48 PM
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello CS,

This error means you have a change of PC which is longer than 128 bytes.
Open the help file in your CodeWarrior Installation and search for the error message.

C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.0\Help\ahc08_messages.chm

Description

The offset between the current PC and the label specified as PC relative address is not in the range of a signed byte (smaller than -128 or bigger than 127). An 8 bit signed PC relative offset is expected in following instructions: Branch instructions BCC, BCS, BEQ, BHCC, BHCS, BHI, BHS, BIH, BIL, BLO, BLS, BMC, BMI, BMS, BNE, BPL, BRA, BRN, BSR

Third operand in following instructions: BRCLR, BRSET

Cheers,
Alban.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CS
Contributor I
Forgot to add:  CW6.0
0 Kudos
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello CS,

This error means you have a change of PC which is longer than 128 bytes.
Open the help file in your CodeWarrior Installation and search for the error message.

C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.0\Help\ahc08_messages.chm

Description

The offset between the current PC and the label specified as PC relative address is not in the range of a signed byte (smaller than -128 or bigger than 127). An 8 bit signed PC relative offset is expected in following instructions: Branch instructions BCC, BCS, BEQ, BHCC, BHCS, BHI, BHS, BIH, BIL, BLO, BLS, BMC, BMI, BMS, BNE, BPL, BRA, BRN, BSR

Third operand in following instructions: BRCLR, BRSET

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos
CS
Contributor I
Hi Alban,
Thanks for the reply.  I was playing with the code and when I rerouted the routine calling all was good!!
Best Regards,
Chris
0 Kudos