KV10 SPI MOSI/SOUT isn't working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KV10 SPI MOSI/SOUT isn't working

awahab
Contributor I

Hello, I am trying to use the SPI0 peripheral in master mode on the MKV10Z32VFM7 (32-pin QFN) with the following mux:

PCS: pin 25, PTC4, mux 2

SCK: pin 26, PTC5, mux 2

SOUT: pin 27, PTC6, mux 2

SIN: pin 28, PTC7, mux 2

The pin mux values were taken from rev 3 of the Kinetis V Series datasheet. The peripheral fails to output data on the SOUT pin, though the PCS and SCK perform as expected.

External electrical connections to the SOUT pin have been verified on several boards and layouts.

The SPI configuration in firmware has been verified by assigning SOUT to pin 5 (PTE18, mux 2), which outputs the serial stream as expected.

Is it possible that the mux table listing in the datasheet for PTC6 is incorrect? Or perhaps, might there be an error in the silicon?

Any insight as to why the SOUT signal fails to output on pin27/PTC6 would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adam,

I've reviewed the MKV10Z32VFM7's reference manual today and I found that PTC6 is open drain pin.

I think it needs to add a external pull-up resistence to make the pin work as SPI_SOUT availably.

You can give a try.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

awahab
Contributor I

Of course!  I definitely missed that note in the reference manual.  Adding a pull-up resistor resolved the issue.

Thank you!

Adam

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adam,

I'd glad to hear that you already fix the issue now.

If you have any further questions about it, please feel free to contact with me.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos