cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aic loopback demo on 9131rdb

d_li
Contributor III

Hello all,

I am stumped on how to run the aic_loopback_demo included with CW 10.7 for the bsc9131rdb.

Here's what I'm doing.

I initialize on BSP side the rf interface. After, when i do "rftool -i rf2" I get

rf2state: Ready
rfphy: ad9361
rfdev mode: Master
LTE TDD, 10 Mhz
Antennas: 1, 1T1R
CP: Short, len: cp0 80, cp1 72
Symbol len: 1024
Tx atten for antenna 1: 28

DL Carrier Freq: 2593000KHz

UL Carrier Freq: 2593000KHz

Time-Sync source: PTP
Time-Sync information:
Admin state: Started
Availability of timing reference: Not known
Operation state: Time synchronization not started
Frequency drift (wrt to 19.2MHz): -1 Hz

. This looks right to me (using band 40/41 card) but I could be wrong.

I compile the AIC loopback demo and boot the binary using dsp_bt. Then I go to connect via codewarrior attach and I halt at line around line 574 in the appInit function.

aic_dev = osSioDeviceOpen(device_name, &sio_dev_param);

OS_ASSERT_COND(aic_dev);

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
11 Replies

rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi,

w.r.t to this aic_loopback_demo project,

1. what is the difference between attach, connect and download. 

2. Irrespective of the linux [not bothered about running the binary image on linux], i want to individually/independentally run the loopback Project in Codewarrior on the 9131 target. so what should i do  attach ? connect ? download ?

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For your first questions. Debug session type specifies the options to initiate a debug session using pre-configured debug configurations.

Download - Resets the target if the debug configuration specifies the action.

Further, the command stops the target, (optionally) runs an initialization script,downloads the specified ELF file, and modifies the program counter(PC).

Attach - Assumes that code is already running on the board and therefore does not run a target initialization file. The state of the running program is undisturbed.

The debugger loads symbolic debugging information for the current build target's executable. The result is that you have the same source-level debugging facilities you have in a normal debug session (the ability to view source code and variables, and so on). The function does not reset the target, even if the launch configuration specifies this action. Further, the command loads symbolics, does not stop the target, run an initialization script, download an ELF file, or modify the program counter (PC).

NOTE: The debugger does not support restarting debugging sessions that you start by attaching the debugger to a process.

Connect - Runs the target initialization file specified in the RSE configuration to set up the board before connecting to it. The Connect debug session type does not load any symbolic debugging information for the current build target's executable thereby, denying access to source-level debugging and variable display. The Connect command resets the target if the launch configuration specifies this action. Further, the command stops the target, (optionally) runs an initialization script, does not load symbolics, download an ELF file, or modify the program counter(PC).

NOTE: The default debugger configuration causes the debugger to cache symbolics between sessions. However, selecting the Connect option invalidates this cache. If you must preserve the contents of the symbolics cache, and you plan to use the Connect option, clear the Cache Symbolics Between Sessions checkbox in the Symbolics tab page.

Simply speaking, Download used to download code to target and debug/run. Attach is used to debug target which have code running already in the target. And Connect is usually for debugging hardware configuration issue.

For your second questions, based on above and your use case, it's Download.

BR

rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi,

Excellent. Thanks for your explanation. I will stick with download.

Regards

RC Reddy

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please be noted, for this AIC loopback demo is different from most of the other demos based on SDOS.

This is a source code for a test released by the Linux BSP team. It can not be run independently, but only as a binary image from Linux!

Regards

rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for clarification.

Rgds

RC Reddy

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

One more thing, you can "attach" to target from CodeWarrior for debug purpose.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi,

I ran the test [as a binary image from linux] and all i get is this

/ipc/dsp_bt aic_loopback_9x31_dbg.bin

===DSP boot Application===(1.1.01)==

SYSTEM MAP

DSP PrivArea: Addr=38000000 Size=8000000

Shared CtrlArea: Addr=37000000 Size=1000000

DSP Core0 M2: Addr=b0000000 Size=80000

DSP Core1 M2: Addr=0 Size=0

DSP M3: Addr=0 Size=0

PA CCSRBAR: Addr =ff700000 Size=100000

DSP CCSRBAR: Addr =ff600000 Size=100000

PA Shared Area: Addr=20000000 Size=f000000

DSP Shared Area: Addr=2f000000 Size=1000000

DSP READY SET

Copy Part b0000000 206d6

Copy Part b0024000 2f74

Copy Part ff618108 4

DSP HW Sem1 value not correctly set, value=0

DSP Boot Failed, Please reset

=============

I DONT see any prints as put in the console of the RDB board. I went through the code, and the code has good amount of printf statements.

as part of README.txt, it says following

a. Run Linux boot

b. Run Linux PA side AIC scripts

i don't see any PA side AIC scripts, where can i find those, please help.

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos

rcreddy
Contributor III

its the same whether i run the debug or the release version

/ipc/dsp_bt aic_loopback_9x31_rel.bin

===DSP boot Application===(1.1.01)==

SYSTEM MAP

DSP PrivArea: Addr=38000000 Size=8000000

Shared CtrlArea: Addr=37000000 Size=1000000

DSP Core0 M2: Addr=b0000000 Size=80000

DSP Core1 M2: Addr=0 Size=0

DSP M3: Addr=0 Size=0

PA CCSRBAR: Addr =ff700000 Size=100000

DSP CCSRBAR: Addr =ff600000 Size=100000

PA Shared Area: Addr=20000000 Size=f000000

DSP Shared Area: Addr=2f000000 Size=1000000

DSP READY SET

Copy Part b0000000 11cc6

Copy Part b0012000 2f04

Copy Part ff618108 4

DSP HW Sem1 value not correctly set, value=0

DSP Boot Failed, Please reset

Can you please provide detailed instructions on how to run the binary image?. README.txt is just for READing and it does NOT serve any purpose

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos

d_li
Contributor III

Oops forgot to reply. I was already using WUSDK 1.5. I have tried a few different initialisations  on the PPC side (and even different RF cards). Is the procedure of booting the dsp binary via dsp_bt followed by codewarrior attach (using 9131RDB target template with reset turned off) correct? As far as I can tell, I couldn't actually find explicit instructions on the procedure.

Edit:Problem resolved

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Any update?

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the other post by you, it seems you are using SDK1.6, please change to WUSDK1.5 and try again if that is the case.

As DSP Boot is supported only for B4 on SDK1.6. Please kindly let me know your result.

0 Kudos