cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up CAN on IMX6 Sabre AI

controlx
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to set up the CAN interface on the IMX6 Sabre AI.

I used the tutorial from here: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1437

But when i try to test the connection with this command:

canconfig can0 bitrate 125000

i get an error "command not found"

i also tried this:

ip link show can

Here "can" can't be found.

Has anyone an idea to resolve this problem??

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Chapter 39 "FlexCAN Driver" of the attached i.MX 6 Linux Reference Manual document (this document can also be found in the L3.10.17_1.0.0-GA BSP documentation bundle) for the information on how to make the low-level CAN interface driver up and running on the i.MX6Q SABRE AI board. This is for the latest Yocto L3.10.17_1.0.0-GA BSP release.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

controlx
Contributor I

i tried to build a new image via Yocto. i build base-core-image with iproute2, i2c-tools, libsocketcan and canutils included. On Start-Up there is always a failure "pca953x 2-0032: failed writing register". But on the schematic of Sabre AI i can't se any pca953x Controller. The i2c Portexpanders are max7310!

BB_VERSION = "1.20.0"

BUILD_SYS = "x86:64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING = "Ubuntu-14.04"

TARGET_SYS = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi'

MACHINE = "imx6qsareauto"

DISTRO = "poky"

DISTRO_VERSION = "1.5.3"

0 Kudos