cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KV10Z32 FTM doesn't work

zhiqu
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying work with Keil uVision 5 on the KV10Z32 board. However, the FTM won't work properly and performs really weird.

With the following code, I'm trying to configure TPM0 Ch0 to output a PWM signal on PTE24 and generate interrupt every switching period. However, the FTM would start working and count to some arbitrary value and stop working. I also found that when I enabled ADC and constantly sample with the ADC will enable the FTM counter to work. Besides, even when the FTM0 is counting, I can't even reset the overflow bit in FTM0->SC because that would lead to hard fault handler.

I've attached the code. Calling the Init_PWM() in main function doesn't start the FTM counter while calling Init_PWM(), Init_ADC() and then starting ADC with ADC0->SC1[0] = 0x49 will enable the FTM counter.

I'm desperate for help with this as I've got stuck on this for whole week.

Thanks a lot.

void Init_PWM(void)

{

SIM->SCGC6 |= SIM_SCGC6_FTM0_MASK;

SIM->SCGC5 |= (SIM_SCGC5_PORTA_MASK

| SIM_SCGC5_PORTB_MASK

| SIM_SCGC5_PORTC_MASK

| SIM_SCGC5_PORTD_MASK

| SIM_SCGC5_PORTE_MASK );

PORTE->PCR[24] = PORT_PCR_MUX(3);

FTM0->MOD=0xffff;

FTM0->CONTROLS[0].CnV  = 100;

FTM0->SC |= FTM_SC_PS(0) | FTM_SC_CLKS(1) | FTM_SC_TOIE_MASK;

FTM0->CONTROLS[0].CnSC = FTM_CnSC_MSB_MASK | FTM_CnSC_ELSB_MASK;

NVIC_EnableIRQ(FTM0_IRQn);

}

void Init_ADC(void)

{

SIM->SCGC6 |= (1UL << SIM_SCGC6_ADC0_SHIFT);

ADC0->CFG1 = 0x8C; // Select 16 bit resolution

ADC0->SC2 = 0;

NVIC_EnableIRQ (ADC0_IRQn);

}

void FTM0_IRQHandler(){

NVIC_ClearPendingIRQ(FTM0_IRQn);

FTM0->SC &= ~FTM_SC_TOF_MASK;

}

void ADC0_IRQHandler()

{

int q;

NVIC_ClearPendingIRQ(ADC0_IRQn);

q=ADC0->R[0];

ADC0->SC1[0] = 0x49;

}

3 Replies

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Zhi Qu,

Can you create a project to reproduce your problem on a TWR-KV10?

I will try to dig into it.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos

zhiqu
Contributor I

I've attached my project. You can comment out the Init_ADC() and ADC0->SC1[0] = 0x49 in main function and then add them back to see my problem with the CNT register in FTM0. I tried to use the micro trace buffer to track the problem but with this project, as long as I load the DBG_MTB.ini that worked for my KL25-Z, the program is locked in the initialization program trying to disable the watchdog timer. I've also attached the file for your reference.

Thanks a lot.

Zhi Qu

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zhi Qu,

I'd like to highly recommend that you get to download the sample code package of the TWR-KV10Z32 board.

And it also contains the demos about the FTM module and I think it will help you to fix this issue, so you can refer to for details.
Have a great day,
Ping

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/software/TWR-KV10Z32_SC.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos