Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Configuration of CPC in P4080

Jump to solution
hymalaibello
Contributor III

Hello,
I would like to change the configuration of the CPC, but when I try to enable it, the code just remains frozen. I do not know if I need permission to enable CPC or something? I am already following the steps to changing the configuration of an enable CPC (PAGE 382 P4080 QorIQ Multicore Communication Processor Reference Manual).
Thanks!
Regards,
Himalai Bello

Labels (1)
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Himalai,

Please refer to the attached source code from u-boot.

Please refer to  functions disable_cpc_sram, invalidate_cpc and enable_cpc to check what you missed.

For P4080DS defined the following errata

#define CONFIG_SYS_FSL_ERRATUM_CPC_A002

#define CONFIG_SYS_FSL_ERRATUM_CPC_A003

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hymalaibello
Contributor III

Hi yiping! thanks! It was a synchronization problem.  Now I need to change the configuration of the DDR Controllers and I can not disable any of the controllers, the program stops after trying to disable one of the DDR Controllers.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Hymalai bello

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hymalai,

Please try to use following sequence if it is needed to reconfigure already enabled memory controller.

Set DDR_SDRAM_CFG[MEM_HALT] bit;

Read DDR_SDRAM_CFG register to ensure that MEM_HALT has been set;

Clear DDR_SDRAM_CFG[MEM_EN] bit;

Make configuration changes (if needed);

Set DDR_SDRAM_CFG[MEM_EN] bit;

Clear DDR_SDRAM_CFG[MEM_HALT] bit

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
hymalaibello
Contributor III

Hello Yiping!

I am trying those steps, but now the program stops when I Set MEM_HALT....

Thanks!

Regards,

Hymalai Bello

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Himalai,

Please refer to the attached source code from u-boot.

Please refer to  functions disable_cpc_sram, invalidate_cpc and enable_cpc to check what you missed.

For P4080DS defined the following errata

#define CONFIG_SYS_FSL_ERRATUM_CPC_A002

#define CONFIG_SYS_FSL_ERRATUM_CPC_A003

Have a great day,
Yiping