cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVP & Flex Bus

Jump to solution
josephchen
Contributor III

Is Digital Video Port interface same as Flex Bus interface?

Can I use K series MCUs to connect to camera module via Digital Video Port interface?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joseph Chen,

I have looked into the data sheet of OV9712, but found its interface is different from flexbus signals, so I think this DVP interface can not be connected with flexbus, while the GPIO solution should be ok.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joseph,

Which DVP product you are referring to? FlexBus might fit with some of them but not all in the world. Would you please help to provide more details? Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
josephchen
Contributor III
0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joseph,

Please review the following appnote to see if it will help.

AN4627, Connecting Kinetis MCU with CMOS Sensor Interface through GPIO - App ... (REV 0)

30 May 2013 AN4627: This application note explains how to connect a Kinetis MCU to CMOS  Sensor through GPIO to receive image data in memory. ...
  • PDF 
  • 77KB  
  • Application Notes: AN4627
Associated File: AN4627SW

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
josephchen
Contributor III

I've researched on the appnote, but it's talking about connecting via GPIO instead of Flex Bus. Also, I'm still not sure whether DVP output can be connected via Flex Bus or not.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joseph Chen,

I have looked into the data sheet of OV9712, but found its interface is different from flexbus signals, so I think this DVP interface can not be connected with flexbus, while the GPIO solution should be ok.

Have a great day,
Kan

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you Kan for looking into the details.

Very much appreciated.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joseph,

Just wanted to point that AppNote out to you and others and to say it has been implemented by more than one customer successfully.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos