Evaluation: CodeWarrior for MPC5xxv8.7 fails during installation, (windrvr6.inf file missing)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation: CodeWarrior for MPC5xxv8.7 fails during installation, (windrvr6.inf file missing)

ludekpokluda
Contributor I

When downloaded the Evaluation: CodeWarrior for MPC5xx v8.7 fails during installation, (windrvr6.inf file missing)

Tried the CW of MPC55xx evaluation - that installed fine.

(On windows 7 service pack1 32-bit system).

Is there any chance to install that evaluation?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ludekpokluda
Contributor I

Thank you Fiona,

I was aware of that note you are pointing, but there was written Win7 64bit - so I was thinking by mistake, that the Win7 32-bit will be ok.

The installation of virtual PC worked. I also tried to move that copy to Win7 and it seems working also.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately CodeWarrior for MPC5xx V8.7 is not working on Win 7. It is a 32-bit application. Please view the note on its webpage:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MPC5XX

We recommend to use Windows 2000, Windows XP/Vista (32-bit).

These are the official OS supported.

At this time there is no plan for a new version supporting Win 7.

There are two workarounds:

1)- install it on win XP,

- copy installation under win 7,

- install new P&E driver if needed

2) if the above will not work the other solution will be the virtual PC.

Best Regards

Fiona

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos