cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate linker file grayed

Jump to solution
mruetti
Contributor III

In my cw 10.6 I would like to regenerate the linker file. But the processor expert shows me a grayed field that I cannot change from no to yes. It tells ke that the file already exists. This is true but where do I have to delet it to get the option back--

Thank you

Mario

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario:

In that case you can copy and rename the linker file of TWR-K40D100M (C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\bsp\twrk40d100m\gcc_cw). This board has a MK40DX256VMD10, whose memory is identical to your MK60DX256VLL10.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario,

somehow I don't have that or do not see what you report?

I can generate the linker file regardless if it already exists or not.

Could you share more details about your project, or even share your project or an example?

Erich

0 Kudos
mruetti
Contributor III

Hi Erich

the attached screenshot shows what I tried to describe.

The *.ld file is later added at: C/C++ Bild -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> ARM Ltd Windows GCC C Linker -> General -> Script file (-T)

Bild 4.png

Mario

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, I see it now: the reason why it is disabled is because you are using MQX. It seems that the MQX component creates its own linker file, and disables that you can change that in the CPU component.

Erich

0 Kudos
mruetti
Contributor III

Hmm, in this case I should find it somewhere in my MQX folder but there is nothing.

Any other idea to get a basic ld file for my processor?

Mario

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mario:

That project you have in the screenshot seems to be for the BSP. The option is disabled because it makes no sense to generate a linker file for the MQX BSP library. As you mentioned, the file is actually referenced from the application.

It seems you cloned that BSP from another board, so you should find a default (not modified) linker file in the path C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\bsp\<Board>\<Toolchain>.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mruetti
Contributor III

Hi Jorge

According to the guide MQXBSPPG (Appendix A) I used the TWR-K60D100M as the base to clone the BSP for my project. But on the TWR-K60D100M board there is a MK60DN512VMD10 processor and in my project I have a MK60DX256VLL10. I'm not sure if the cloned linker file is valid and what else I have to change. (due to the memory differences)

Thank you

Mario

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario:

In that case you can copy and rename the linker file of TWR-K40D100M (C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\bsp\twrk40d100m\gcc_cw). This board has a MK40DX256VMD10, whose memory is identical to your MK60DX256VLL10.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, not sure why MQX needs complete control over the linker file. I'm using FreeRTOS, and there I have full control over everything. But I guess this does not help you :-(

0 Kudos