cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.1.0 + IAR EWARM 7.2 + USB Device MSD Bootloader

darienrodrigues
Contributor I

Hello Everyone,

I am using a TWRK70F120M setup. I'm debugging the project using IAR EWARM 7.2. I am working with MQX 4.0.1; I am trying to use the bootloader to flash the memory with an application(.bin file)(porting a firmware, containing a new application, to the flash). I want to do this by using a pendrive containing the .bin file, and use the PenD as a USB Mass storage Device. I followed the USB Mass storage Device Bootloader manual, but all the changes that need to be made in the Linker and the headers and c files are done in CW. I wanted to know what would be the corresponding changes in IAR. Should I first go through the MQX USB Device(or should it be Host?) MSD example, before trying the MSD bootloader. The manual also mentions changes in Jumper positions for the K60 board. I know it's different for K60 and K53, so I'm assuming it's different for K70 as well. What would be the corresponding changes on the TWRK70 module? Also, what would the RAM, ROM, app code, memory changes be for the TWRK70F120M kit, in the Linker file? Again, I know they are different for K53 and K60. So with a 1M flash, I'm guessing they'll be different for K70.

Any other changes specific to K70?

I am extremely new to MQX and the kinetis MCUs, sorry if this is a trivial question.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darien,

Please check the below thread

Where to add code for ROM vector table copy to RAM?

Regarding the jumper settings you need to check the MQX_Getting_Started document. You can find this document at the next path: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos