cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GNU Toolchain and boot from QuadSPI

Jump to solution
adamszalkowski
Contributor II

We are having trouble building our project with the GNU toolchain to boot from QuadSPI0.

We are using the following configuration:

* BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 00

* BT_FUSE_SEL=1

* All other BOOT_CFG fuses untouched

* Image built to load at address 0x3f40_0000

* Verified

* Flashed to QuadSPI0 at address 0x2000_0400 (verified IVT is at beginning of image)

* QuadSPI configuration parameters present

According to the Reference Manual I would expect the bootloader to download the image from QuadSPI to OCRAM and execute it from there. Anyway, the boot loader ends up in the serial downloader and the QuadSPI contents do not seem to be mapped to memory. What are we missing?

Is there any way to debug the boot process of the VF6xx?

Has anybody succeeded yet in building a project with the GNU toolchain to boot from QuadSPI and could provide us with an example Makefile?

Best regards,

Adam

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cyborgnegotiato
Senior Contributor II

Hi Adam,

If you do not have problem with MQX, there is example for quadspi xip. Of course for GCC.

Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Adam,

I would recommend you to run the Search (in the upper right corner of the web page) using, e.g, the "QSPI sample code" phrase. Please, let us know if you do not find anything for your purposes.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
adamszalkowski
Contributor II

Hello Naoum,

no, sorry, all code I could find is either for IAR or DS-5. Anyway, I'm sure somebody must have tried this with GCC and GNU binutils...

Any ideas how to debug the boot sequence?

Regards,
Adam

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Sorry Adam, I am rather a hardware person but will try to check with our software people if they can comment here.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
cyborgnegotiato
Senior Contributor II

Hi Adam,

If you do not have problem with MQX, there is example for quadspi xip. Of course for GCC.

Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
adamszalkowski
Contributor II

Thanks, that helped a lot

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Adam,

I did not see anything wrong with your configuration. Unfortunately, we do not have sample code or a Makefile for this, as the bootloader we support (U-Boot) does not have boot over QSPI support. Does the Freescale Vybrid team have any sample code available?

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you help  to attend this case?

0 Kudos