8 bit microcontroller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 bit microcontroller

abhayshankar
Contributor II

hi sir, i m using 8 bit microcontroller mc9s08aw16 in my Lightning project. but there is a problem arriving that quiscent current occuring 22mA . is there any solution for this to decrease it less then 1mA .

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Robinwithu
Senior Contributor I

Hello Shankar,

please correct me if i am wrong, quiescent current means the current flowing through your circuit when you are not Lightning your LED's or LOAD ? am i correct?

The only thing to save current you can put your Micro controller during this period in sleep mode but i am not sure that this will reduce your current from 24mA to 1mA.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Robin

abhayshankar
Contributor II

Robin you are correct about quiescent current, but is there another method to reduce quiescent current?

0 Kudos

Robinwithu
Senior Contributor I

Hello Abhay,

Sorry actually i was ill so couldn't able to reply , please can i see your hardware design?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

abhayshankar
Contributor II

hi Robin

thanks for considering me, please give me your e mail id so i can mail you my hardware design.

thanks and regards

abhay

0 Kudos

Robinwithu
Senior Contributor I

Hi Abhay,

it's     robinwithu@yahoo.co.in

Thanks n Kind Regards,

Robin

abhayshankar
Contributor II

Hi robin

i was email you schematic , so please suggest me the solution.

Thanks & regards

abhay

0 Kudos

Robinwithu
Senior Contributor I

Hi Abhay,

It would be nice if you would let me know which method (Software or Hardware interrupt) you used for your code and how good is the result?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

Robinwithu
Senior Contributor I

Hi Abhay,

Actually you can also do without hardware interrupt but the problem is as i mentioned in my Email that you have some fixed time delay , we can take example say after 150msec your µC come out from sleep mode and check is there any request to activate load and if not than it can go again in sleep mode.but the disadvantage of this method is that your sleep mode Average current won't be 1mA as you said but will be higher cause of wake up of your µC after every 150msec , only advantage is that you don't need to do changes in hardware , so choice is yours  , if your activation time for the load is not the issue you can go for sleep mode wake up after fixed time otherwise hardware interrupt is the only option.

I hope this answer will help you.

Thanks and kind Regards,

Robin