cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K70 OSJTAG: Can't find debug component in ROM table

timadriaensens
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using the TWR-K70F120M board in combination with Crossworks 3.2.

When trying to connect the board via the Kinetis OSJTAG programmer I get this error:  Can't find debug component in ROM table.

I've been told that the JTAG lines are used in some extention boards and that this can give some problems. So to prevent this I use only the controller board and tower boards.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks a lot

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim,

Some trace lines are multiplexed with USB ULPI interface,  but if you dont enable the trace, no problem in debug. Please kindly check if the target interface are set as Kinetis OSJTAG correctly. Alternatively you may try a Segger J-Link instead .

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

timadriaensens
Contributor I

Hi,

I tried with my segger but with bad results. only after an update of my segger it seems to work fine now. I also put the OSJTAG in reset by placing a jumper on J14 between pin 2 and 4.

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim,

Do you mean the problem is still there if you remove the jumper on J14 between pin2 and 4? Actually per my experience there is no conflict between the JTAG port and OSJTAG . Would you please help to clarify? Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

timadriaensens
Contributor I

Hi,

The segger is still working after the removal of the jumper. It was something I did in my search to an answer.

Now even without the jumper I can do the debugging with my segger.

Tim

0 Kudos