Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Address EEPROM (not from eFUSE)

Jump to solution
dnsry
Contributor I

Hi,

We have a custom IMX6DL board. It has an I2C EEPROM with MAC address in it. We want to use this MAC address instead of the eFUSE option of the imx6. We are able to read the MAC address from I2C EEPROM at the u-boot, but do not know how to pass this address to kernel to so that the card's MAC address is taken from the EEPROM. Can you help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi V B

one can look at function fec_get_mac_addr() in ..linux/arc/ar/mach-mx6/mx6_fec.c

Since "eth=" command line argument is depreciated from the standard Linux kernel,

one can add it himself using example in sect.18.4.5 "Adding BSP Support for a

New Boot Command to Select CLAA057VA01CT LCD" MX53UG

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi V B

one can look at function fec_get_mac_addr() in ..linux/arc/ar/mach-mx6/mx6_fec.c

Since "eth=" command line argument is depreciated from the standard Linux kernel,

one can add it himself using example in sect.18.4.5 "Adding BSP Support for a

New Boot Command to Select CLAA057VA01CT LCD" MX53UG

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dnsry
Contributor I

Hi igor,

Thank you.

As suggested by you I looked mx6_fec.c and took the MAC address from eth= parameter passed from u-boot..

V B

0 Kudos