cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in MQX KDS plug-ins

troide
Contributor II

Hello community,

I try to add MQX plug-ins using "MQX_KDS_Getting_Started.pdf" section2. I updated the related packages but there is neither MQX menu nor "New Project option". I imported the Hello_world sample project but I get the following warning: 

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
argument to 'sizeof' in 'memset' call is the same expression as the destination; did you mean to dereference it? [-Wsizeof-pointer-memaccess]httpsrv_task.c/rtcs_twrk60f120m/RTCS_Source/appsline 853C/C++ Problem
argument to 'sizeof' in 'memset' call is the same pointer type 'PRINTER_INTERFACE_STRUCT_PTR' as the destination; expected 'struct printer_interface' or an explicit length [-Wsizeof-pointer-memaccess]usb_host_printer.c/usbh_twrk60f120m/USB_Class_Drivers/printerline 468C/C++ Problem
variable 'result' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]ddi_nand_hal_nfcphymedia.cpp/ffs_twrk60f120m/FFS_Source/wearleveling/halline 232C/C++ Problem
argument to 'sizeof' in 'memset' call is the same pointer type 'USB_MASS_CLASS_INTF_STRUCT_PTR' as the destination; expected 'struct _Usb_Mass_Intf_Struct' or an explicit length [-Wsizeof-pointer-memaccess]usb_host_msd_bo.c/usbh_twrk60f120m/USB_Class_Drivers/msdline 109C/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (E:\lib\twrk60f120m.kds\debug\psp).hello_twrk60f120mpathentryPath Entry Problem
variable 'num_ecc_bytes' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]nfc_wl.cpp/ffs_twrk60f120m/FFS_Source/wearleveling/nfc_wlline 706C/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (E:\lib\twrk60f120m.kds\debug\bsp\Generated_Code).hello_twrk60f120mpathentryPath Entry Problem
variable 'num_ecc_bytes' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]nfc_wl.cpp/ffs_twrk60f120m/FFS_Source/wearleveling/nfc_wlline 803C/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (E:\lib\twrk60f120m.kds\debug\bsp\Sources).hello_twrk60f120mpathentryPath Entry Problem
enumeration value 'kDriveTypeSystem' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]ddi_nand_media_discover.cpp/ffs_twrk60f120m/FFS_Source/wearleveling/ddi/medialine 141C/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (E:\lib\twrk60f120m.kds\debug).hello_twrk60f120mpathentryPath Entry Problem
enumeration value 'kDriveTypeHidden' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]ddi_nand_media_discover.cpp/ffs_twrk60f120m/FFS_Source/wearleveling/ddi/medialine 141C/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (E:\lib\twrk60f120m.kds\debug\bsp).hello_twrk60f120mpathentryPath Entry Problem
enumeration value 'kDriveTypeUnknown' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]ddi_nand_media_get_info.cpp/ffs_twrk60f120m/FFS_Source/wearleveling/ddi/medialine 245C/C++ Problem
enumeration value 'kDriveTypeUnknown' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]ddi_nand_media_discover.cpp/ffs_twrk60f120m/FFS_Source/wearleveling/ddi/medialine 141C/C++ Problem

It seems KDS doesn't know where is the library files. Any idea?

Cheers,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Did you imported the "build_lib.wsd" file corresponding to your board successfully  before add the sample ?

Or when you did  according to the "MQX_KDS_Getting_Started.pdf" section2 ,  any errors ? If have error , where ?

And in kds, indeed no MQX wizard like CW.  We can use the sample or copy&paste the folder Project use to work. But some paths need to be modified.

Hope it helps

Alice

Best Regards,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you for your support to us!

0 Kudos

troide
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

yes, I use TWR-K60F120 and I imported the related "build_lib.wsd" and I built the whole BSP without any error.

So if there is no MQX wizard how can I crerate a new project for MQX and add related middlewares like file system or rtcs?

I used to use MQX wizard and I liked it.

Another question. I use P&E multilink. Is it still supported in kds? if so, where can I download the driver?

right now in debug config I don't have any choise for this programmer!

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  S M,

Create MQX project on KDS , you can refer to :

1. Copy from the example folder a MQX project (i.e. C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\hello) and paste in any other folder.
  2. I remove the projects I don't need for other toolchains or other boards.
  3. Open for editing the .cproject with any text editor
  4. Search in file for "MQX_ROOT_DIR"  and change the value like this : "MQX_ROOT_DIR" type="VALUE_TEXT" value="C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1"/>
  5. Replace the string '${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..' by ‘{MQX_ROOT_DIR}'  (All the matches)
  6. Save the changes
  7. Import the project into KDS and build. You should build without errors.
  8. Change the project name if you want and now you have a MQX Template project that you can copy&paste any times and add the new sources.

(This is refer Luis )

About anythings else , Erich said is good !

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

troide
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

In .cproject I found two lines with "MQX_ROOT_DIR" and I changed them as follow:

<stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" type="VALUE_TEXT" value="${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../.."/>

to

<stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" type="VALUE_TEXT" value="C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1"/>

Then I imported hello example using file--> Import --> Existing Projects into Workspace

once I build the project I got the following error:

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
fatal error: mqx.h: No such file or directoryhello.c/hello_twrk60f120m/Sourceline 28C/C++ Problem

It seems the link to bsp is broken!

Do you have any suggestion?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello S M

I'm sorry i said not clear above, now , i say again.

first, search ''MQX_ROOT_DIR'' , and change the only first one,   change   <stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" value="${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..">     to  <stringMacro name="MQX_ROOT_DIR" value="C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1"> ;

second, search       ${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..        and change all of to   ${MQX_ROOT_DIR}

last   save the file .

the attachment is  i modified .   please change Freescale_MQX_4_1_1  to Freescale_MQX_4_1  , (my MQX install in   Freescale_MQX_4_1_1 )

hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

troide
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

unfortunately, I can not unzip your project (I got a damaged archive error). Would you please send just .cproject file.

Sina

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello S M

This is the .cproject file , hope it helps .

0 Kudos

troide
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Yes, it works now. I was able to build the project without error. but I wonder if there is any plan to add the New project wizard to KDS anytime soon? That's very handy feature.

Also, I noticed that the source files are imported as "link files" rather than copy files once I import the project. Is there any way to change them to real files?

sources.png

Cheers,

Sina

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi SM,

About change the "link file" to copy file :

1,New a new folder use KDS,  "Source"

2, New some new c files under the "Source" , the name as the same as the  link file names . be careful use KDS, not create in the folder directly .

3, Find the link files' location , and put the link fies to replace the new C files in the Source folder directly.

4. refresh the project in KDS.

Perhaps there is an easier path, but this one works for me.

Alice

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi S M,

Official support of KDS in MQX is planned in MQX 4.2 & MQX 5.0 coming later this year. 

At that time MQX plug-ins for KDS (e.g. Task Aware Debug & New Project Wizard) will be available.  Also, MQX project files for all libraries and examples will be available for KDS. 

Alice

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the P&E Multilink is supported, see

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-101845

see GDB PEMicro GDB Debugging

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>>if so, where can I download the driver?

They are installed by the KDS installer. Otherwise you can download the drivers from the PEMicro.com web site too.

Erich

0 Kudos