Where can i find the schematic or other documentation about the switch/jumpers on the P1010RDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i find the schematic or other documentation about the switch/jumpers on the P1010RDB?

rcorlan
Contributor I

I'm trying to configure the board for NOR boot.

thanks,

radu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please contact Freescale technical support for these. The switch/jumpers are described in P1010RDB-PB Hardware User Guide.

In Freescale Technical Info Center, there is also some description about boot switch settings. Freescale Technical Information Center

0 Kudos

rcorlan
Contributor I

Thanks, but what i found out is that what i have is a P1010-RDB board, and all available documentation seems to be for the P1010RDB-PB.  This includes the switch information in the tech info center, and the schematic i got from freescale.

radu

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello radu,

For P1010RDB-PA, you need to use SDK 1.4, which could be download from Freescale Linux SDK for QorIQ Processors, v1.|Freescale, SDK document QorIQ_SDK_Infocenter.pdf provided in the source ISO provides detailed information. About the switch setting please refer to the following.

pastedImage_1.png

Booting from NOR flash

Change the following switch settings on the board when booting from NOR flash:

• SW4[1:4] = 1111 and SW6[4] = 0 for 16-bit NOR Flash boot.

• SW4[1:4] = 1011 and SW6[4] = 0 for 8-bit NOR Flash boot.

• u-boot start address of default bank is 0xeff80000.

• u-boot start address of alternate bank is 0xeef80000.

• Switch to alternate bank: change SW1[8] = ON or set as below in u-boot prompt:

=> mw.bffb00009 1; reset;

In addition, you could use the following commands under u-boot to switch from NAND to NOR boot with Core/CCB/DDR (800/400/667 MHz):

=> i2c dev 0

=> i2c mw 18 1 f1

=> i2c mw 18 3 f0

=> mw.b ffb00011 0

=> mw.b ffb00014 2

=> mw.b ffb00015 5

=> mw.b ffb00016 3

=> mw.b ffb00017 f

=> reset

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos