Can anyone help me figure out how to use k22f evaluation module with Windows 8? What IDE should I use? Any preparatory steps required?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me figure out how to use k22f evaluation module with Windows 8? What IDE should I use? Any preparatory steps required?

jverive
Contributor III

Can anyone help me figure out how to use k22f evaluation module with Windows 8? What IDE should I use? Any preparatory steps required? The QuickStart guide isn't much help. I can't seem to get a COM port assigned to this board, no matter which SDA driver I use.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

KDS should support K22F device, please refer to Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to install the mbed serial driver:

Windows serial configuration - Handbook | mbed

And there is the free and unlimited Kinetis IDE which supports that board (FRDM-K22F): See Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale for download and Kinetis Design Studio for the community around it.

Erich

0 Kudos

jverive
Contributor III

Thanks a bunch! I used the OpenSDAv2.1 J-Link firmware from https://segger.com/opensda.html (in the JlinkOpenSDAV2.1 zip file) and apparently have a USB drive that my system likes, incluiding serial drivers that my Windows 8 Device Manager finds acceptable.  I also loaded KDS and have compiled and run the HelloWorld app successfully. Now I need to start playing with I?O pins and peripherals on the board. Do you know where I can find the appropriate libraries to include in my source code? Are these in the SDK that I installed somewhere on my computer?

0 Kudos

jverive
Contributor III

Oh, and sample applications would be nice. Any idea where to find these?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

If you installed KSDK, you may find demos in the folder of "C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\demos".

Hope that helps,

BTW, Since there is a new space for KSDK topics already, if you need more help on KSDK, I can help to move your thread into https://community.freescale.com/community/kinetis/kinetis-software-development-kit.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jverive
Contributor III

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

0 Kudos