cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uboot nand max oob size

jaiganesh
Contributor III

Hi all,

We are using custom board based on iMX6 quad which has 4GB NAND flash connected in raw NAND inteface. We used two kinds of chips (one whose OOB size is 512 bytes in some boards and one whose OOB size is 774 bytes in other boards). We are able to bringup the NAND chip whose OOB size is 512 bytes. But for the other NAND flash whose OOB size is 774 bytes, we are unable to bring it up. When trying to do nand read in uboot, it hangs [NOTE: This nand flash is working fine in linux kernel level].

I would like to know, if any one out there, has accessed NAND flash chip whose OOB size is greater than 512 in uboot and if so, is there any patch available for the same?

NOTE:

1.From the uboot source code, I saw "MXS_NAND_CHUNK_DATA_CHUNK_SIZE" in the file "drivers/mtd/nans/mxs_nand.c" is set to 512 and I am getting the following message when trying to do nand read

we do not support the NAND whose OOB size islarger then 512 bytes!

and then it hangs

2.I tried changing the macro ""MXS_NAND_CHUNK_DATA_CHUNK_SIZE" to 774, but still it hangs.

Thanks,

Jai Ganesh

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please check the drivers/mtd/nand/gpmi_nfc_gpmi.h

0 Kudos

jaiganesh
Contributor III

Thanks jimmychan for your reply. But there were huge number of definitions in the file "drivers/mtd/nand/gpmi_nfc_gpmi.h". Can you point me, at which sections should I look at? Like if I need to look at "ECC" related definitions or TIMING related definitions?

Also, the file you mentioned is available only in uboot 2009.08 version. But currently we are working on 2013.04 version. Is there a similar file exists in uboot 2013.04 version?

Thanks,

Jai Ganesh

0 Kudos